There are numerous resources to assist you in finding funding and in writing and submitting applications, from government grants to foundation grants and fellowships, to help you succeed! Learn more here.
There is a complete range of funding opportunities through government agencies for trainees. Find resources, guides, and opportunities here.
- Pathway to Independence (K99/R00) Award: A special K award to facilitate postdocs transitioning to faculty positions.
- National Research Service Award (NRSA-F32): Provides support to promising postdoctoral applicants who have potential to become productive and successful independent research investigators.
- Training Grant Directory: NIH-funded training at the University of Pittsburgh.
- NIH Career Development (K) Awards
- K Award Resources, Information, and Opportunities
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) provides support for the career advancement via a series of career development awards, called “K” awards. These awards are an excellent way for a postdoctoral fellow, clinical fellow, or junior faculty member to develop their research program and career in preparation for R01-type awards.
If you are a postdoc applying for a fellowship or a career development award, enhance your application by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to request text for your grant application or an institutional letter of support describing career development resources available to you.
- “K Kiosk” – A great place to start looking at the wide variety of K award opportunities
- NIH Career Award Wizard – A site to help you determine the right K award for you
- K Award Workshop Opportunities – Learn about K awards from an upcoming workshop
- K Award Workshop Videos – Previous K award workshop available at your convenience
Foundations and Other Fellowships
Foundations that have awarded Pitt trainees include:
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Transplantation
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Ellison/AFAR Foundation
- L’Oréal USA For Women in Science
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- St. Baldrick's
- Philanthropy News Digest
Here is a list of foundations that provide awards regardless of citizenship status.