- ADAPT ™
- Benefits and Classifications
- Career Development Planning
- Faculty Research
- Funding Resources
- International Services
- Open Positions
- Postdoctoral Association
- Postdoctoral Data
- Postdoctoral Guidelines
- Resource Directory
- Training Grant Programs
- Upcoming Events
- Video Library
- Wellness for Life
- Residents & Clinical Fellows
- Grad & Med Students
A Developmental Approach to Professional Training (ADAPT) was developed at the University of Pittsburgh and provides you a framework to align your professional development efforts with your appropriate stage of advanced training.
This sequential strategy:
- Provides an immediate starting point for your professional development
- Divides your professional development activities into manageable and progressive steps over the full span of your training period
- Allows you to customize your career development efforts relative to your career goals
- Maximizes the return on your personal investment in your professional development
Learn more about each stage by following the links below.
It is important to understand the impact that early career development planning has on your career success and satisfaction.
Start out by understanding your professional strengths and personal motivations through reflection and self-awareness, as this foundation will then guide your individualized path of professional development throughout the rest of your training period.
Develop essential skills and networks that translate to an array of professional careers and explore a range of career paths through both structured and informal formats.
Career Specific Development
Pick up additional skills and experiences beyond your traditional postdoctoral training to maximize your competitiveness.
Equip yourself with the appropriate knowledge and job search strategies to open the right doors for you.